How to Use DEFINITY®: Using the VIALMIX®
VIALMIX® is the activation device used with DEFINITY®. When properly used, it ensures consistent activation of DEFINITY® each and every time.
How to use VIALMIX® is fully explained in the VIALMIX® User's Guide. You'll find additional activation tips below.
Activation Quick Tips
(Refer to the VIALMIX® User's Guide for more detailed instructions.)
- Ensure that the DEFINITY® vial is at room temperature prior to activation.
(Before use, DEFINITY® should be stored in a refrigerator.)
- Switch power "ON" (located on back of unit).
- Open VIALMIX® and press the lever downward and to the left to open the carrier.
- Hold the DEFINITY® vial between thumb and forefinger.
- Load vial by first placing the top of the vial in the left cup of carrier.
- Position the vial between two cups.
- Release the lever, then close the VIALMIX® cover.
- Press "START," and VIALMIX® will automatically begin the activation process. (You will see a countdown from "45" to "0" in the display.) Do not open while activation is in progress. Do not use the vial unless a full 45–second activation cycle is completed.
If any error messages appear, see VIALMIX® User's Guide.
Removing the Vial
- When the full activation cycle is complete, open the VIALMIX® cover.
- Press the lever downward and to the left to open the carrier.
- Remove the activated DEFINITY® vial. (Vial will be warm to the touch.)
- Close the cover.
Note: VIALMIX® can be turned off using the switch on the back of the unit.
The VIALMIX® User's Guide is available for download as an Acrobat PDF file.